You should consider incorporating Class IV Laser Therapy into your practice because ….
“Class IV laser therapy has emerged as the fastest growing technology in veterinary medicine.”
“… laser therapy: the most powerful, non-invasive technique for addressing acute and chronic pain, inflammation and wound healing.”
“Laser Therapy provides a noninvasive, drug free, and safe treatment modality for a wide variety of common conditions.”
“Successful treatment with Class IV therapy lasers depends on good technique and a good understanding of the parameters involved in treatment recommendations.”
“Class IV therapy lasers have a positive impact on patient care in a diversity of applications.”
from “Light years ahead – Class IV Laser Therapy Symposium” CVC Kansas City 2013
Biological Effects of Class IV Diode Veterinary Laser Therapy
- Laser therapy has an anti-edemic effect as it causes vasodilation, but also because it activates the lymphatic drainage system . As a result, there is a reduction in swelling caused by bruising or inflammation.
- Laser therapy has a highly beneficial effect on nerve cells by blocking pain transmitted by these cells to the brain and decreasing nerve sensitivity. Also, due to less inflammation, there is less edema and less pain.
Accelerated Tissue Repair and Cell Growth
- Photons of light from lasers penetrate deeply into tissue and accelerate cellular reproduction and growth. The laser light increases the energy available to the cell, so that the cell can take on nutrients faster and get rid of waste products.
Improved Vascular Activity
- Laser light will significantly increase the formation of new capillaries in damaged tissue that speeds up the healing process, closes wounds morequickly and reduces scar tissue.
- This has also been clearly demonstrated in accelerating fracture repair.
Increased Metabolic Activity
- Laser therapy creates higher outputs of specific enzymes, greater oxygen and food particle loads for blood cells.
Trigger Points and Acupuncture Points
- Laser therapy stimulates muscle trigger points and acupuncture points on a non-invasive basis providing musculoskeletal pain relief.
What are the Benefits of Laser Therapy?
- Treatment is painless
- Highly effective for many diseases and conditions
- Eliminates pain
- Reduces the need for pharmaceuticals
- Restores normal range of motion and physical function
- Easily applied
- No known adverse effects
- No drug interactions
- Often makes surgical interventions unnecessary
- Provides a treatment alternative for patients that have not responded to other therapies